- Dogman Lord of the Fleas - Dav Pilkey (20210320)
- Zero Hour - Clive Cussler and Graham Brown (20210324)
- The Best Amaerican Science Fiction and Fantasy (20210325) Ended w/ a short story called The Venus Effect by Joseph Allen Hill (https://www.mixcloud.com/lightspeedmagazine-sciencefict/joseph-allen-hill-the-venus-effect/)
- Playing for Pizza - John Grisham (20210401)
- The Joy of Tiny House Living - Chris Schapdick (20210401)
- The Digital Deal - Bruce Balfour (20210419) Dead is just living 2.0, except not really. This harken's back to this article I read in "Do not burn this book"
- A case of two cities - Qiu Xiaolong (20210419) I loved learning a tiny bit about how the Chinese viewed American's along with the realization about how they use a few techniques to prevent members from leaving China when abroad. More importantly how as an investigator how extremely carefully he must move along with different societal obligations.
- To hold up the sky - Cixin Liu (20210429) My favorite stories were 'The time migration' along with 'The village teacher' and 'Full-Spectrum Barrage Jamming'. The author as promised in the prolong to have a challenge between the big and the small (us as individuals and the cosmo), and followed thru beautifully.
- Chinese Stories for Language learners - Tuttle (20210429) So many beautiful proverbs such as 'Like a frog in the well', 'Raise one return three', 'The fox who uses the tiger's prowness' and 'Old horse to know the path'.
- The edge of the abyss - Emily Skrutskie (20210429) A story about complexity, an imagination about how to protect the oceans from the 'bad people' and using Reckoners (think enhanced guard animals for water use) along with the ecological behavior and effect of letting them loose. Also a story about mixed feelings and working thru to try and not hate.
- Pleasure Activisim - Adrienne Maree Brown (20210429)
The entire book was groundbreaking for me. Some of my favourite chapters were
- 'Care as pleasure' (including the concept of bed days and the constant communication, feedback and caring of each others,
- Learning about Zizi teaching
- Learning about somatics and how trauma 'can get stuck in the body' and how 'crying you do alone' whereas 'laughter you do in a group'
- 'Tips for raising sexually liberated kids' talking about what bring pleasure with them so they learn that it's alright and okay
- 'Love as political resistence' how we're taught about how 'men love one way and women love another way' and 'taught to lie to impress and catch each other' and 'women ... caregiving - not to be peers, emotionally complex powerhouses, loving other women and trans bodies'
- Learning what pleasure activism is which is: "Pleasure activism is the work we do to reclaim our whole, happy, and satisfiable selves from the impacts, delusions, and limitations of oppression and/or supremacy."
You'll only receive email when they publish something new.